Wednesday 15 January 2014

Naked Face

 
 

 

Would you be happy to go without make-up
I have just read an article about Phoebe Baker Hyde an American women who has turned her 
year without make-up into a book The beauty experiment. As a make up artist I don't advocate
not wearing make up, but as a natural make up artist and minimal wearer, I would say what's the big deal.
However on reading further and seeing Hyde's background in Anthropology it is an interesting concept of how make up can be used and perceived in the work place or socially.
So when we 'go put our face on' We really do. It can be used as a mask to hide behind or for confidence to push us forward. It can say hey, don't mess with me today or how healthy do I look.
Make up is clever don't let anyone tell you different.

No comments:

Post a Comment